Yesterday, a record-breaking 39,085 runners lined up in Staten Island for the start of the ING New York City Marathon and New Yorkers from near and far came out in droves to support them as they ran the grueling race to the finish line in Central Park. A few of our favorite scenes from yesterday?
- Lance Armstrong striding up First Avenue in a pack of runners
- A man running in banana suit while eating a banana
- Katie Holmes cruising toward the finish line in Central Park
- Seeing runners, young and not so young, from all over the globe take to New York’s streets, running on behalf of their countries, their families, their favorite charities, and best of all, running just because they can
- Family friend Ryan Lawrence finishing his first marathon in the top 250 men’s finishers
- Paula Radcliffe’s triumphant return to marathons after a two year lapse from competition
- The buzz that takes over New York on Marathon Sunday - there’s just nothing like it anywhere